One-shot chests are containers that spawn once per character per difficulty, and contain a guaranteed Epic item, with a chance for a Legendary item on Elite and Ultimate. They can be found in various locations throughout the world of Grim Dawn, and each one-shot chest can only be open once per difficulty level per character. Once opened it will not spawn again in the same location/area of that difficulty level.
All One-Shot Chests (with the exception of boss chests, such as the Warden's Stash) are labelled "Exalted Stash". Note that the loot they contain scales to the level of the area, and not the level of the player.
Act 1 Locations
- Depraved Sanctuary - in a room beyond Salazar, Blade of Ch'thon.
- Festering Lair - a Monsters Hoard, guarded by Grundleplith the Hoarder.
- Hallowed Hill
- Ominous Lair - also has a chance to spawn in the Abandoned Storerooms section of the Underground Transit, beyond a breakable wall, or even outside of the Lair.
- Hidden Laboratory - the Warden's Chest, guarded by The Warden.
- Sunken Reliquary - requires Act 2 access and levels, guarded by High Priest Rolderathis.
Act 2 Locations
- Spined Cove - guarded by Baron Wradlith, Lord of the Lost Souls
- Swarming Hive - guarded by Ulraprax, the Hive Matriarch
- Cronley's Hideout - guarded by Darius Cronley
- The Steps of Torment - level 3: Misery
Act 3 Locations
- Tyrant's Hold - guarded by Bloodfeast the Ruthless
- The Conflagration - guarded by Herald of the Flame
- Rotting Croplands - Located as part of the Hidden Wealth side-quest
- Royal Hive - can spawn randomly in the sub-areas Skittering Den and Hive Queen's Lair
- Darkvale Gate - Karroz's Chest, in the 2nd level Boss Room and guarded by Karroz, Sigil of Ch'thon
- Port Valbury - several spawn locations in Port Valbury Outskirts